Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

adapted from Lion House Recipes




Serves 4-6

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (I also use frozen meatballs)
3/4 cup quick oats
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Form into about 12 balls, eacha bout 2 inches in diameter. Place in a casserole dish. Cover with sauce (below). Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve over rice.

Sauce:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Combine ingredients and blend thoroughly. Heat in a small saucepan until combined and sugar is dissolved and pour over meatballs. (This dish is not overly abundant on sauce so if you enjoy things a bit saucier, double the sauce ingredients.)

Recipe source: Melanie

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey, I'm so glad you like this recipe from my blog! I noticed you used the picture from my blog also and while it may seem like a minor thing, I was wondering if you would be willing to at least include a link in your post back to my blog. Thank you!

MerrittBadges said...

Absolutely! Sorry I didn't think to do it b4! Anyone reading should check your blog out! http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/